Talon-User Group Meeting Information
Thanks for coming to the Talon user group meeting on Oct. 21, 1 p.m. Meeting. Check back for information about upcoming meetings.
Learn about transformational changes in scientific computing support, new directions, and what’s in it for YOU! Questions? Send an email to SciComp-Support@unt.edu.
What is HPC?
HPC is a part of the North Texas Scientific Computing, offering state-of-the-art computing, storage, visualization, and networking service to the university. We help researchers and other members of UNT use advanced computing power to enable higher research throughput and expand research capabilities.
Our services include the following.
- Maintaining HPC allocations and resources for UNT researchers and UNT courses
- Consultation services in performance research on HPC
- Community training and outreach including workshops and HPC tutorials
- Providing end-user HPC support
- Exploring grant opportunities for HPC related projects
Due to UNT's response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the office of North Texas Scientific Computing, including HPC and DSA, is offering only online services during this time. Walk-in and in-person appointments are available through appointments via Zoom, phone, or other means of online communication. Please send an email to SciComp-Support@unt.edu to schedule an appointment with an NTSC staff member. Thank you for your understanding.
Find us at the General Academic Building, GAB, Room 535.
Talon 3 – UNT’s Flagship Resource
Talon 3 is the main computing facility of UNT's North Texas Scientific Computing unit and contains the following.
- More than 8,300 CPU cores
- 150,000 GPU cores
- Mellanox FDR InfiniBand network
- Over 1.4 Petabytes of Lustre File Storage
- Read more in the Talon 3 User Guide.